Learn to adapt and exploit new forms of news media
In a rapidly evolving digital era, today’s journalists need to think radically, adapt to technological advances and be fluent with essential creative tools used to produce compelling news stories, videos and LIVE events.
Taught by leading journalists who are acutely aware of the benefits and challenges of working in an international context, the MA Journalism programme affords you the opportunity to focus on social media, monitor the changing relationship between journalist and audience and develop an impactful storytelling skill set. This programme aims to facilitate disruptors in the making.
Through studying flexibly using our intuitive online learning platform, you will:
- Develop your skills as a creative and technically agile non-fiction storyteller to work independently as a journalist
- Learn how to create compelling news for dissemination across multiple content platforms with global audiences in mind
- Discover how to thrive and innovate in the international digital news and communications industries
- Exploit social media and develop a critical understanding of the shifting political, social and industry environments in which journalists must operate around the world
- Connect with an international professional network to help expand your global career opportunities
- Gain a world-class MA from one of the world’s leading creative universities.
Having designed with compelling news stories, dissemination and learning at the core, our MA Journalism team works with international news organisations, staff and alumni to provide you with the breadth of experience and networks needed to accelerate your career.
Who is the course for?
Our online MA Journalism is a great fit if you’re:
- Interested in news, current affairs, politics, writing, creative content, reporting, editing, content production, media platforms, communications
- Driven, disruptive, a global thinker, a researcher, collaborative, analytical, a critical thinker, curious, ethical, a storyteller
What you’ll learn
The topics you’ll cover during the course include:
- Creative Professional Practice
- The Mobile Journalist
- Journalism Innovation and Enterprise
- Audiovisual Storytelling
- Major Project
Study flexibly online – when and where it suits you
As an online MA Journalism student with Falmouth Flexible, you’ll:
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of studying whenever and wherever it suits you thanks to an easy-to-use, intuitive online learning platform which you can access from your desktop or mobile device – anytime, anywhere
- Access the same student benefits as on-campus Falmouth University students, such as a student ID card and eligibility to apply for an NUS student discount card
- Graduate with an internationally-recognised qualification identical in title and quality to that of an on-campus Falmouth University student
Places are limited – Apply now
Places on our online MA in Journalism are limited. To find out more about the course and how you can apply, get in touch with a course advisor by filling in our form.